Science and Research

Red Hermit Crab pulu keeling national park

Model access and benefit-sharing agreement

If you wish to obtain access to biological resources for commercial or potentially commercial purposes in a Commonwealth area, you will need to enter into a benefit-sharing agreement with the access provider. Access providers are specified by the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Regulations 2000 . In most cases, this is likely to be the Commonwealth, represented by the Protected Area Policy and Biodiscovery Section. We can assist you to identify the Access Provider(s) relevant to your proposed research.