The ABRS is a Program within Parks Australia Division of the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities .
ABRS strives to answer three questions:
- What plants, animals and other organisms occur in Australia?
- Where are they found?
- How can we provide that information to you?
Learn more about ABRS
The 2014–2015 Capacity-Building Grant and Research Grant rounds are NOW OPEN.
- ABRS Grants information flier (PDF - 0.6 MB))
Due: 11.59pm on 1 November 2013. Applications received after this time will be considered ineligible.
For further information and application forms see:
ABRS National Taxonomy Research Grant Program
- Grants home
- Capacity-Building Grants
- Research Grants
- Frequently asked questions
- ABRS/CReefs partnership
- Student Travel Bursary
- Churchill Fellowships
- Substantial Supplement Partners
ABRS produces a number of databases and online tools about Australian species.
Search by subject
- Algae online resources
- Bryophytes online resources
- Fauna online resources
- Fungi online resources
- Lichens online resources
- Protists online resources
- Vascular Flora online resources
Books, CD ROMs, and downloadable reports.