The National Environment Protection Measure for Ambient Air Quality (Air NEPM) requires all jurisdictions to report annually against the air quality standards.
When it made the Air NEPM, the National Environment Protection Council established a Peer Review Committee (PRC) to provide guidance to jurisdictions in developing monitoring plans and to advise on the adequacy of those plans, once developed.
While the Commonwealth reports annually to the National Environment Protection Council on its implementation of the Air NEPM, it is not required to carry out any air quality monitoring as there are currently no locations for which the Commonwealth has responsibility with a population over the 25,000 threshold. More information is available in the Commonwealth Monitoring Plan.
Monitoring plans for all other jurisdictions are also available.
Related web sites
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Australian Bicycle Council
- Australian Transport Council
- Bureau of Transport Economics
- Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government
- National Environment Protection Council
- National Transport Commission
- United States Environment Protection Agency - Mobile Sources